These inexpensive cell phone plans could cut down your cell phone bill
Over the past few years, several low-cost carriers have stepped up to offer competition and cheapest prices to customers looking to cut down their monthly bills. In some cases, they are able to offer comparable plans for just a fraction of the cost and often with the same high quality of service offered by the big players within the industry. Bellow, we have listed the top cell phone companies with the cheapest cell phone plans in 2020
Looking for a low-cost alternative to your pricey cell phone plan? These five options offer a lot of bang for your buck while providing almost the same service as the big guys:
One of the cheapest cell phone plans options is to go the prepaid route. Prepaid phones are where you pay a certain amount for the phone plus the minutes, text and data. Once you go use up the prepaid amount, then you have the option to buy more, or stop using the phone.
There are also prepaid plans where you can use the current phone you have you simply prepay for the amount of talk, text, and data. Normally, people like to estimate the amount they will need for that month and pay for just that amount.
This is a great way to ensure that you are not overpaying for your cell phone service. When you have a contract deal, you agree to pay a certain amount per month. This means that if you don’t use all the text, talk and data, it doesn’t matter –you still have to be that agreed amount. Some people are frustrated with this structure and that is why they turn to prepaid plans. You can read real-life testimonials online from people who have used prepaid plans to learn more about them and see if they are something you are interested in.
If you’re looking for the best cell phone carriers offering No Restrictions. Check out those best prepaid cell phone plans for 2020
Our Top Picks for The Cheapest Cell Phone Plans of 2020
Almost all prices are susceptible to change so please check the service plan website for current information details.
|Carrier||Plan Overview||View Plans|
Data: 1GB 4G LTE
Data: 2GB 4G LTE
Data: 3GB 4G LTE
Data: 1GB 4G LTE
Data: 4GB 4G LTE
Tello Mobile – Best Overall Cheap Plans
Our pick for the cheapest cell phone plans goes to Tello. the company is a well known MVNO that runs on Sprint network. one of Tello’s best-selling factors is their Build Your Own Plan feature, which allows you to select your own monthly talk, text, and data.
Tello allows you to pick a plan that includes only data or only talk, and it doesn’t really matter which plan you start with because Tello customers can upgrade or downgrade their plan for free, anytime. There are no overage, administration, activation, nor port-out fees to worry about.
Tello has an app for Android and iOS, called My Tello, and you can use it to conveniently see your remaining balance, check rates for any destination, or find answers to your questions. You can also use the app to connect the Tello network over Wi-Fi and do many other things.
All Tello’s plans include free calls to Canada, Mexico, and China, plus mobile hotspot access with WiFi calling through their application at no extra cost, along with visual voicemail and unlimited 2G data. If you are not happy with your plan, you still can change it at any time.
- $8/month: Get unlimited talk and text
- $10/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and 1 GB of high-speed data
- $14/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and 2 GB of high-speed data
- $19/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and 4 GB of high-speed data
- $24/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and 6 GB of high-speed data
- $29/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and 8 GB of high-speed data
- $39/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and unlimited high-speed data
Here are a few amazing facts about Tello Mobile:
- Fully customizable plans; including Data Only plans for Tablets
- Customers can upgrade or downgrade plans for free, anytime.
- No contract, no overage fee, no administration fee, no activation fee and not even port out fees.
- Customers can bring their own devices.
- All plans include free tethering (hotspot)
- Services are available nationwide in the USA.
- Calls from USA to Canada, China and Mexico are included in all voice plans, at the same rate as domestic calls.
- Tello Apps are available for Android and iOS devices, allowing in app outbound WIFI calling and easy account management
Mint Mobile – Most Affordable Plans
Another cheapest cell phone plans on our list come from Mint Mobile. The Carrier offers plans that start at just $15 per month with at least three-month commitment. They have a super low starting price point, you get quite a bit for $15 per month.
This basic plan includes unlimited talk, text, and data delivered on T-Mobile’s 4G LTE network, 2GB of 4G LTE data per month and unlimited data thereafter, a prepaid SIM card in standard, micro, and nano sizes, and a Smartphone Mobile HotSpot (SMHS) that allows you to turn your device into a WiFi hotspot.
The pricing on these plans lets you pick how much high-speed data you want, and you never have to commit for more than three months at a time. For that reason, we think this is a solid option for people who live within T-Mobile coverage areas.
- $15/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and 3GB of high-speed data (price upfront is $45/month)
- $20/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and 8GB of high-speed data (price upfront is $60/month)
- $25/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and 12GB of high-speed data (price upfront is $75/month)
Xfinity Mobile – Cheap Verizon Coverage
Another cheapest cell phone plan on our list comes from TelloYour cell phone bill will be a lot cheaper after switching to Comcast’s Xfinity Mobile, a low-cost wireless provider that uses Verizon’s network.
Xfinity Mobile is unlike other MVNOs you must be a Comcast internet customer to be able to sign up for the service.
Xfinity Mobile comes with a small amount of 4G LTE data at no charge, so people who use very little data can get FREE cell phone service and only pay about $2 or $3 for taxes and fees.
Xfinity Mobile offers unlimited talk and text, with no line access fees on up to 5 lines, plus you will have access to 18 million Wi-Fi hotspots and contains 100 MB of data for free.
All Xfinity plans include unlimited talk and text, along with 18 million Wi-Fi hotspots. With the By the Gig plan, data can be shared across all lines, and users can switch from “By the Gig” to “Unlimited” data during their billing cycle at no additional charge.
- 1GB for $12/month ($12 per additional GB)
- 3GB for $30/month ($12 per additional GB)
- 10GB for $60/month ($12 per additional GB)
- Unlimited for $45/month per line on up to five lines, speeds reduced after 20GB
If you’re searching for the best cell phone carrier that will fit your needs. Check out those best cell phone plans for 2020
List of Other Cheapest Cell Phone Carriers & Plans in 2020
Twigby – Best Customized Plans
Twigby gives its customers the ability to build their own phone plans. Subscribers first choose how many minutes they want their plan to have, then if desired, they can choose to add a data package to their plan.
All voice plans come with unlimited domestic and international texting. All data plans include unlimited 2G data once the high-speed allotment gets used up.
Twigby is giving its new customers 25% off on their first 6 months of service. With this 25% off promotion in place, you can get big savings on your phone plan.
All Twigby plans include free international talk and text.
- $9.75/month: Get unlimited talk and text
- $14.25/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and 1 GB of high-speed data
- $17.25/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and 2 GB of high-speed data
- $21.00/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and 3 GB of high-speed data
- $24.75/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and 5 GB of high-speed data
- $32.25/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and 10 GB of high-speed data
Republic Wireless – Best for Light Users
Republic Wireless is a prepaid cell phone plan that uses Sprint and T-Mobile’s networks and has some of the cheapest rates around. This carrier is ideal for those who want a cheap unlimited talk and text plan.
Republic uses a hybrid system for its cell phones. They allow you to utilize WiFi together with phone service for data, which can save you money.
In 2019 most public places have WiFi. As a result, you’re going to be in WiFi coverage and free data coverage almost all the time. Therefore, Republic Wireless has lots of plan options which are all based on how much phone data you need to use.
All of Republic Wireless plans include unlimited talk and text for $15 and you can add 4G LTE cell data $5, which equals $20/mo + tax.
All plans include unlimited talk, text and you can add data for $5 per GB, it also includes unlimited free Wi-Fi calling from anywhere in the world to the U.S. and Canada which is useful for international travelers.
- $15/month: Get unlimited talk and text
- $20/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and 1 GB of high-speed data
- $25/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and 2 GB of high-speed data
- $30/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and 3 GB of high-speed data ($5 per additional GB)
Total Wireless – A Cheap Verizon’s Network
Total Wireless is a subsidiary of TracFone and has an MVNO agreement with Verizon, one of the best performing networks. Total Wireless sticks out for its very competitive 5G plan at $35 a month and it’s family phone Plans — for $100 a month you will get up to 4 lines with unlimited talk minutes, text and 25GB of shared LTE data.
If you want more data, you can buy a 3GB data card for $10 without expiration. This is a great deal when compared with other carriers. They also provide $10 international calling cards with rates as low as 1 cent per minute. Total Wireless is available online or at selected Walmart stores.
- $25/month ($23.70 with AutoPay): This plan comes with unlimited talk and text
- $35/month ($33.20 with AutoPay): This plan comes with unlimited talk, text, and 5GB of high-speed data, then at 2G.
- $50/month ($47.50 with AutoPay): this plan comes with unlimited talk, text, and 25GB of high-speed data, then at 2G.
Boost Mobile – Best for Families
Boost Mobile gives cheap no-contract phone plans on the Sprint network. In reality, it’s owned by Sprint. It provides single line 2GB of LTE data and unlimited talk, text, starting at $30 per month with auto-renewal and if you want data it’s available at $5 per GB which you can add on your own by logging into your account. There is also an unlimited data plan that begins at $50 a month and includes mobile-optimized streaming video, music and games.
Family plans are also available allowing up to 5 lines. All Boost Mobile plans come with Pandora, unlimited music from Spotify, Mobile hotspot and more. Optional add-ons include international calling and boostTV.
Boost Mobile offers a wide selection of cheap phones online and in-store, but you might be able to bring your unlocked cell phone to Boost Mobile. Enter your cell phone’s info online to check if it’s eligible then visit a Boost store to get the SIM card, select your plan, and reactivate the phone.
3 Gigs Plan ($35/month): Includes unlimited talk, text, and 3GB of 4G LTE data with 480p video streaming, and mobile hotspot access, along with some sort of Tidal subscription. Each additional line is an additional $35 per month
Unlimited Gigs Plan ($50/month): Includes unlimited talk, text, and unlimited of 4G LTE data with 480p video streaming, and 12GB of mobile hotspot, along with some sort of Tidal subscription.
- One Line: $50/month
- Two Lines: $80/month – ($40 per line)
- Three Lines: $110/month – ($37 per line)
- Four Lines: $140/month – ($35 per line)
- Five Lines: $170/month – ($34 per line)
Boost Unlimited Plus Plan ($60/month): Includes unlimited talk, text, and unlimited of 4G LTE data with 1080p video streaming, and 30GB of mobile hotspot, along with some sort of Tidal subscription.
- One Line: $60/month
- Two Lines: $100/month – ($50 per line)
- Three Lines: $140/month – ($47 per line)
- Four Lines: $180/month – ($45 per line)
- Five Lines: $220/month – ($44 per line)
Boost Ultimate Unlimited Plan ($80/month): Includes unlimited talk, text, and unlimited of 4G LTE data with 1080p video streaming, and 50GB of mobile hotspot, along with some sort of Tidal subscription.
- One Line: $80/month
- Two Lines: $140/month – ($70 per line)
- Three Lines: $200/month – ($67 per line)
- Four Lines: $260/month – ($65 per line)
- Five Lines: $320/month – ($64 per line)
US Mobile – Most Flexible Plans
For a truly flexible solution, cell phone customers should look to US Mobile for a wireless carrier that provides a wide selection of buckets to help piece together the right plan for you.
With prices starting as low as $2.50 for 40 minutes, $1.50 for 40 texts and $2 for 100MB of data, it’s easy to see right off the bat just how flexible and inexpensive US Mobile can be. Alternatively, prices can go as high as $9 for 4,000 minutes and $20 for 3GB of LTE data that piggybacks off T-Mobile’s LTE network.
To help make things easier, US Mobile offers a 30-day risk- free trial to make sure you’re on the right plan and with the right provider with the promise of a full refund if you’re not completely satisfied.
Customers who select US Mobile are required to supply their own device and purchase a US Mobile SIM card for a nominal $3.99 fee to activate service.
- $10/month: This plan includes unlimited talk and text
- $20/month: This plan includes unlimited talk, text and 1.5GB of high-speed data
- $25/month: This plan includes unlimited talk, text and 2.5GB of high-speed data
- $30/month: This plan includes unlimited talk, text and 5GB of high-speed data
- $36/month: This plan includes unlimited talk, text and 8GB of high-speed data
- $40/month: This plan includes unlimited, talk, and high-speed data
Cricket Wireless – Affordable Unlimited Plans
Cricket Wireless quickly established itself as a major MVNO player. The carrier offers competitive pricing for individuals, with $5 per month discounts when you set up auto-pay and an even better deal for groups: five lines for $100 monthly. That’s for the unlimited LTE data per line.
If you bump up to the Smart plan, either individually or as a group, Cricket throws in unlimited international texting; unlimited talk and texting to and from the U.S., Canada and Mexico; and no-extra-charge data in Canada and Mexico. However, a mobile hotspot adds $10 per month, and for the moment the feature is limited to about a dozen phone models.
- $30/month: This plan comes with unlimited talk, text, and 2GB of high-speed data
- $40/month ($35 with AutoPay): this plan comes with unlimited talk, text, and 5GB of high-speed data
- $55/month ($50 with AutoPay): this plan comes with unlimited talk, text, and unlimited high-speed data, along with roaming in Mexico and Canada for calls, texts, and data. Cricket may slow data speeds when the network is congested.
- $60/month ($55 with AutoPay): this plan comes with unlimited talk, text, and unlimited high-speed data with 15GB of high-speed mobile hotspot, along with roaming in Mexico and Canada for calls, texts, and data. Cricket may slow data speeds when the network is congested.
Verizon Wireless – Best Network Coverage
Verizon offers outstanding network quality and fast download speeds. Truth be told, most people don’t need unlimited data, and 8 GB should be plenty for most users. All plans include unlimited talk and text plus 4G hotspot access as well as unlimited messaging to Mexico, Canada, and over 200 countries except the $30 plan.
Additionally, discounts are available for those adding multiple lines, as well as for those who choose to auto-pay each month, meaning your bill must be paid through a checking account or debit card, so you can’t rack up any extra points by paying your phone bill with a credit card.
All Verizon prepaid plans include unlimited talk and text in the US and unlimited texting worldwide. The 16 GB plan and Unlimited plan included unlimited calling to Mexico and Canada.
- 6GB Plan: For $40/month ($35 with AutoPay)
- 16GB Plan: For $50/month ($45 with AutoPay)
- Unlimited Data Plan: For $70/month ($65 with AutoPay)
Multi-Line Discount: Verizon makes it easy to add additional lines to its prepaid plans, and of course, the more lines you have the more you save. Here’s how that looks:
- Add a 6GB plan for $30 more (save $10)
- Add a 16GB plan for $35 more (save $15)
- Add an unlimited plan for $50 (save $20)