Find the best cell phone plan for you and your family
When looking for the best cell phone plans, coverage, quality, and price are the most important factors. With cell phone plans coming up every weekend is really hard to choose the best plan that will fit your needs and budget. each plan has its own pros and cons. we’ve put together a list of the top cell phone carriers available in the U.S.
If you’re planning to cut down your cell phone bill. Check out those cheapest cell phone plans for 2020
Our Top Picks For Best Cell Phone Plans of 2020
Almost all prices are susceptible to change so please check the service plan website for current information details.
|Carrier||Plan Overview||View Plans|
Data: 2GB 4G LTE
Data: 1GB 4G LTE
Data: 6GB 4G LTE
Data: 3GB 4G LTE
Data: 4GB 4G LTE
Tello Mobile – Best Overall Prepaid Plans
Our pick for the best cell phone plans goes to Tello. Tello is one of the most popular MVNO in the US with flexible plans and low rates, allowing you to build your own personal plan, which includes options for no-data or data-only. All plans include unlimited Text for free. For a basic consumer plan which includes unlimited talk, texts, and 1GB of data, you will pay only $10 on Tello. The carrier allows tethering at no additional charge, and it even offers free calls to Mexico, Canada, and China along with the U.S.
Tello has many different add-on features that could be added to any plan. Monthly data can be used for tethering (hotspot) as long as the users’ phone supports hotspot configuration. Consumers also have the choice to purchase extra Pay as You Go credits for international talk and text. This includes calls and texts to Canada, Mexico, and Cuba.
All Tello’s plans include free calls to Canada, Mexico, and China, plus mobile hotspot access with WiFi calling through their application at no extra cost, along with visual voicemail and unlimited 2G data. If you are not happy with your plan, you still can change it at any time.
- $8/month: Get unlimited talk and text
- $10/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and 1 GB of high-speed data
- $14/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and 2 GB of high-speed data
- $19/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and 4 GB of high-speed data
- $24/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and 6 GB of high-speed data
- $29/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and 8 GB of high-speed data
- $39/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and unlimited high-speed data
Xfinity Mobile – Best Affordable Coverage
Xfinity Mobile is is a newer MVNO offered by the internet and cable giant, Comcast Xfinity, MVNO means it purchases up access of the wireless companies and then resells that to their customers. In Comcast’s case, the network it’s using is Verizon, meaning you’re jumping on board with the best network in the US.
Xfinity Mobile offers the unlimited plan for $45 – which includes unlimited talk, text and LTE data, though speeds are going to be capped at 1.5 Mbps for downloads and 750 Kbps for uploads after 20 GB of usage in a billing period. while the plan monthly cost will jump to a rate of $65 per month once the promotional time ends, consumers who join the $45 plan will keep it for 2 years as long as they keep the account in good standing and keep their Xfinity Internet membership.
All Xfinity plans include unlimited talk and text, along with 18 million Wi-Fi hotspots. With the By the Gig plan, data can be shared across all lines, and users can switch from “By the Gig” to “Unlimited” data during their billing cycle at no additional charge.
- 1GB for $12/month ($12 per additional GB)
- 3GB for $30/month ($12 per additional GB)
- 10GB for $60/month ($12 per additional GB)
- Unlimited for $45/month per line on up to five lines, speeds reduced after 20GB
Verizon Wireless – Best Network Coverage
Verizon Wireless has a well-founded reputation for being the best cell phone company in the U.S. It scores higher on network coverage, reliability and speed than any other cellular network, according to multiple independent studies. However, it’s also among the most expensive. Verizon’s prepaid plans come with a few attractive perks, including of course the same nationwide 4G LTE coverage that postpaid users enjoy.
Naturally, the company prides itself on its fully unlimited (4G LTE) prepaid plan, which costs $75. A cheaper alternative starts from $30 and offers 3GB of data along with unlimited calling and texting (also free to over 200 countries). Users of the unlimited tier get the added bonus of unlimited calling to Canada and Mexico. All Verizon Prepaid Plans include unlimited talk and text plus 4G hotspot access as well as unlimited messaging to Mexico, Canada, and over 200 countries except the $30 plan.
All Verizon prepaid plans include unlimited talk and text in the US and unlimited texting worldwide. The 16 GB plan and Unlimited plan included unlimited calling to Mexico and Canada.
- 6GB Plan: For $40/month ($35 with AutoPay)
- 16GB Plan: For $50/month ($45 with AutoPay)
- Unlimited Data Plan: For $70/month ($65 with AutoPay)
Multi-Line Discount: Verizon makes it easy to add additional lines to its prepaid plans, and of course, the more lines you have the more you save. Here’s how that looks:
- Add a 6GB plan for $30 more (save $10)
- Add a 16GB plan for $35 more (save $15)
- Add an unlimited plan for $50 (save $20)
Mint Mobile – Best for Kids
Mint Mobile is an appealing cell phone carrier that ships you a prepaid SIM card to utilize with your cell phone. Mint Mobile’s costs are very unique because you have to pay upfront. For instance, to purchase the $15 a month plan, you pay for 3 months in advance, they name it as “wireless in bulk.”
Their existing deal offers you unlimited talk, text and 2GB of 4G data for $15, so long as you get 3 months in advance, there is also the choice of customizing the plan in advance for three to one year.
- $15/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and 3GB of high-speed data (price upfront is $45/month)
- $20/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and 8GB of high-speed data (price upfront is $60/month)
- $25/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and 12GB of high-speed data (price upfront is $75/month)
List of Other Best Cell Phone Carriers & Plans in 2020
Twigby – Best for Seniors
Twigby is a cheap phone carrier that allows customers to build their own phone plan by choosing the number of minutes and LTE data that fits their needs. All Twigby cell phone plans come with unlimited text. Both inbound and outbound calls are both counted as minutes.
Twigby plans for smartphones start out at $9/month for 200 minutes and unlimited texting. Twigby offers coverage anywhere on the 4G and 3G Sprint Nationwide Network and also provides Verizon network coverage as a secondary network
There are no contracts or activation fees here, and you have the option to bring your own Sprint device. Twigby has cornered the market on great prices for basic cell phone plans for seniors.
All Twigby plans include free international talk and text.
- $9.75/month: Get unlimited talk and text
- $14.25/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and 1 GB of high-speed data
- $17.25/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and 2 GB of high-speed data
- $21.00/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and 3 GB of high-speed data
- $24.75/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and 5 GB of high-speed data
- $32.25/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and 10 GB of high-speed data
Republic Wireless – Best for Light Users
Republic Wireless is one of the top cell phone carriers in the market and had been among the simplest service providers in the U.S., and while things are a little more complicated now, their plans are fairly straightforward. It motivates customers to use their house or work Wi-Fi whenever possible to obtain more affordable plans.
Republic Wireless offers a good plan with unlimited talk, text and no data for just $15. If you need data, you have the option to add it just from your phone which costs $5/GB.
Republic has an app that makes it easy to check your usage, make adjustments, and pay your bill. There are no hidden fees or overages. The only downside is Republic Wireless doesn’t offer cellular service internationally. If you travel, you’ll have to place calls over Wi-Fi instead. Like Project Fi, Republic Wireless supports a select number of smartphones.
- $15/month: Get unlimited talk and text
- $20/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and 1 GB of high-speed data
- $25/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and 2 GB of high-speed data
- $30/month: Get unlimited talk, text, and 3 GB of high-speed data ($5 per additional GB)
If you’re looking for the best cell phone carriers offering No Restrictions. Check out those best prepaid cell phone plans for 2020
Boost Mobile – Best for Families
Boost Mobile is a prepaid cell phone service provider with best unlimited plans perfect for families. They offer some of the best deals on the market. Boost Mobile’s plans begin from only $35 per month, which is not exactly affordable compared to other cheap companies but will still get the job done.
Boost Mobile runs on Sprint networks around the United States. which means you should be well covered if you have Sprint connection in the area. The previously $35 plan includes 1GB of data combined with unlimited talk and text. But adding an additional $20 or $10 on top of that will give you access to 9 and 4GB of extra data respectively, which is quite useful.
3 Gigs Plan ($35/month): Includes unlimited talk, text, and 3GB of 4G LTE data with 480p video streaming, and mobile hotspot access, along with some sort of Tidal subscription. Each additional line is an additional $35 per month
Unlimited Gigs Plan ($50/month): Includes unlimited talk, text, and unlimited of 4G LTE data with 480p video streaming, and 12GB of mobile hotspot, along with some sort of Tidal subscription.
- One Line: $50/month
- Two Lines: $80/month – ($40 per line)
- Three Lines: $110/month – ($37 per line)
- Four Lines: $140/month – ($35 per line)
- Five Lines: $170/month – ($34 per line)
Boost Unlimited Plus Plan ($60/month): Includes unlimited talk, text, and unlimited of 4G LTE data with 1080p video streaming, and 30GB of mobile hotspot, along with some sort of Tidal subscription.
- One Line: $60/month
- Two Lines: $100/month – ($50 per line)
- Three Lines: $140/month – ($47 per line)
- Four Lines: $180/month – ($45 per line)
- Five Lines: $220/month – ($44 per line)
Boost Ultimate Unlimited Plan ($80/month): Includes unlimited talk, text, and unlimited of 4G LTE data with 1080p video streaming, and 50GB of mobile hotspot, along with some sort of Tidal subscription.
- One Line: $80/month
- Two Lines: $140/month – ($70 per line)
- Three Lines: $200/month – ($67 per line)
- Four Lines: $260/month – ($65 per line)
- Five Lines: $320/month – ($64 per line)
Cricket Wireless – Best No Contract
Cricket Wireless is another popular MVNO option for those looking for best cell phone plans, it does not tick every box for Boost Mobile wannabes, however, it comes near on a few. For example, it offers great nationwide coverage, because it runs on AT&T network, and therefore should be compatible with nearly every unlocked phone sold in the United States.
It has simple, flexible and cheap cell phone plans that provide unlimited talk, text, and data, and also the capability to roam in Mexico and Canada on 2 of the higher-tier (but at $55 and $60, still inexpensive) plans.
There are some caveats, however. The $55/month Unlimited plan is restricted to data speeds of just 3Mbps when compared to regular LTE speeds on AT&T. The 2GB and 5GB data plans are improved to 8Mbps, along with the Unlimited Extra plan for $60/month has access to Cricket Wireless “fastest 4G LTE.” hotspot is available, but you will need to give another $10/month to be able to use it.
One big benefit to Cricket Wireless is that fees and taxes are included with their plans. In other words, if you join the $60/month plan, you will pay exactly $60.
- $30/month: This plan comes with unlimited talk, text, and 2GB of high-speed data
- $40/month ($35 with AutoPay): this plan comes with unlimited talk, text, and 5GB of high-speed data
- $55/month ($50 with AutoPay): this plan comes with unlimited talk, text, and unlimited high-speed data, along with roaming in Mexico and Canada for calls, texts, and data. Cricket may slow data speeds when the network is congested.
- $60/month ($55 with AutoPay): this plan comes with unlimited talk, text, and unlimited high-speed data with 15GB of high-speed mobile hotspot, along with roaming in Mexico and Canada for calls, texts, and data. Cricket may slow data speeds when the network is congested.
Total Wireless – A Solid Verizon’s Network
When you go to the website for Total Wireless, you are likely to observe that the style and design for the site is nearly what we see through Straight Talk, There is a good reason for this: both are owned by TracFone, itself a prepaid phone carrier you’re most likely familiar with from the prepaid market of the mid-to-late 2000s.
Total Wireless may look very much like Straight Talk in how it offers its devices, but there are a few pretty different changes between the two prepaid companies. For one, Total Wireless is currently sold at stores outside of Walmart, like Dollar General and Target, making it better to find refill cards in the area.
Total Wireless only uses the Verizon network, making it one of the only MVNO to provide that outside of Straight Talk itself. Verizon has a strong reputation for being an excellent network, so you’ll likely be fine using their signals wherever you live in the U.S.
Its cell phone plans are a bit more flexible compared to Straight Talk, with a solid 5GB plan for $35 which will cover most of the users’ needs, and for $100 per month, you will get a bucket of 25GB of data for lines, which makes it a better option for families compared to most of the plans out there. And while their phone collection leaves something to be preferred, the capabilities of the Total network are excellent. As long as you’re ready to bring your own Verizon-capable phone, Total Wireless can save you and your family—a lot of money.
- $25/month ($23.70 with AutoPay): This plan comes with unlimited talk and text
- $35/month ($33.20 with AutoPay): This plan comes with unlimited talk, text, and 5GB of high-speed data, then at 2G.
- $50/month ($47.50 with AutoPay): this plan comes with unlimited talk, text, and 25GB of high-speed data, then at 2G.
US Mobile: Best Customized Plans
US Mobile a new MVNO prepaid phone carrier that lets you customize your Plan to specify how much talk, text, and data you want. consumers can select from lots of plan combinations that will save usage-conscious customers a lot of money compared to an unlimited everything plan from a Big Four cell phone company. If, for example, you only want unlimited texting, it costs just $9 a month.
You can also always add minutes, texts or data onto your account, should your needs change. It uses Verizon and T-Mobile networks, two of the best and fastest networks in the U.S. These networks span both types of cellular technologies used in the U.S., which is great if you want to bring your own phone to the service. Both have fast data speeds, but one may outperform the other, depending on where you live.
- $10/month: This plan includes unlimited talk and text
- $20/month: This plan includes unlimited talk, text and 1.5GB of high-speed data
- $25/month: This plan includes unlimited talk, text and 2.5GB of high-speed data
- $30/month: This plan includes unlimited talk, text and 5GB of high-speed data
- $36/month: This plan includes unlimited talk, text and 8GB of high-speed data
- $40/month: This plan includes unlimited, talk, and high-speed data