With cell phone plans coming up every weekend is really hard to choose the best cell phone plan that will fit your needs and budget. each cell phone plan has its own pros and cons. Some carriers will give you unlimited talk and text when some will give unlimited plans. In this site, we seek to bring you the best cell phone plan suited for the general public and at an affordable cost.
Determining what the best cell phone plan is for you and your family is going to depend on what you need. Single people who just need minimal data can opt for cheaper mobile phone plans through budget carriers, such as Boost Mobile or Republic Wireless. A cheap phone plan that lets you bring your own phone could save you even more.
The 10 Best Cell Phone Plans Available in 2019
Almost all prices are susceptible to change so please check the service plan website for current information details.
Tello, allows you to truly customize your plan to meet your needs. Being able to choose how many minutes, texts, and data you need are sure to please your lifestyle and your wallet. All of their plans are no contract and prepaid. As a low-cost MVNO carrier, you can expect no hidden fees, no activation fees, and no early termination fees. Their best plans are:
- $11/month: unlimited talk and text plus, calls to Canada, Mexico & China are included.
- $14/month: unlimited talk, text and 1 GB plus, calls to Canada, Mexico & China are included.
- $19/month: unlimited talk, text and 2 GB plus, calls to Canada, Mexico & China are included.
- $24/month: unlimited talk, text and 3 GB plus, calls to Canada, Mexico & China are included.
- $39/month: unlimited talk, text and 10 GB plus, calls to Canada, Mexico & China are included.
Twigby offers customizable low-cost mobile plans that aim to save you money on your cell phone bill. Twigby offers mobile plans for smartphones that start out at $9 a month for 200 minutes of talk time and unlimited texting. You have options to scale up the talk time as needed, then simply add the right amount of data for you and you’re off. There are no contracts or activation fees here, and you have the option to bring your own Sprint device. Twigby has cornered the market on great prices for basic cell phone plans for seniors. Their best plans are:
Note: Limited time offer: Get 25% off your first 6 months of service!
- $9.75/month: unlimited talk and text
- $14.25/month: unlimited talk, text, and 1 GB of data
- $17.25/month: unlimited talk, text, and 2 GB of data
- $21.00/month: unlimited talk, text, and 3 GB of data
- $24.75/month: unlimited talk, text, and 5 GB of data
- $32.25/month: unlimited talk, text, and 10 GB of data
Xfinity Mobile just launched this past August, and while it’s only available for subscribers of Comcast’s home internet service, it’s a pretty good deal for those that are. Xfinity Mobile comes with unlimited nationwide calling and texting, access to more than 18 million Wi-Fi hotspots, and 100MB of shared monthly data are included by default with your regular Internet plan. Their best plans are:
Note: Available only to people with Comcast Infinity Internet subscribers.
- $12/month: unlimited talk, text, and 1GB of data
- $45/month: unlimited talk, text, and data
Republic Wireless has been improving its Hybrid calling system. All phone calls made from a Republic Wireless cell phone are automatically routed over Wi-Fi first, in case no Wi-Fi network is available, it is going to default cellular service which leads to lower bills, and Republic Wireless plans are clearly affordable. Their best plans are:
- $15/month: unlimited talk and text
- $20/month: unlimited talk, text, and 1GB of data
- $25/month: unlimited talk, text, and 2GB of data
- $30/month: unlimited talk, text, and 3GB of data
- $65/month: unlimited talk, text, and 10GB of data
Mint Mobile is an interesting cell phone service that sends you a prepaid SIM card to use with your phone. Mint Mobile’s pricing is pretty unique in that you pay up front. For example, to get the $15 per month deal, you prepay for three months in advance, they call it buying “wireless in bulk.”
Their current deal gives you unlimited talk and text with 2GB of 4G LTE data for $15, as long as you purchase three months in advance, you also have the option of customizing your plan in advance for 3 to 12 months. Their best plans are:
- $15/month: unlimited talk, text and 2 GB of data. Total: $45/month
- $20/month: unlimited talk, text and 5 GB of data. Total: $60/month
- $25/month: unlimited talk, text and 10 GB of data. Total: $75/month
Verizon Wireless Prepaid
Verizon Wireless has been America’s largest wireless network, and that is the case even today. Verizon’s prepaid plans come with a few attractive perks, including of course the same nationwide 4G LTE coverage that postpaid users enjoy.
Naturally, the company prides itself on its fully unlimited (4G LTE) prepaid plan, which costs $75. A cheaper alternative starts from $30 and offers 3GB of data along with unlimited calling and texting (also free to over 200 countries). Users of the unlimited tier get the added bonus of unlimited calling to Canada and Mexico. Their best plans are:
Note: All Verizon prepaid Plans include unlimited talk and text plus 4G hotspot access as well as unlimited messaging to Mexico, Canada, and over 200 countries except $30 plan.
- $30/month — 500MBof LTE
- $35/month —3GB of LTE
- $45/month — 8GBof LTE + Unlimited talk to Mexico and Canada
- $65/month — Unlimited LTE data + Unlimited talk to Mexico and Canada
- $35/month – 3GB — Save $10 per line
- $45/month – 8GB — Save $15 per line
- $65/month – Unlimited — Save $20 per line
Boost is one of the most recognizable names in the no-contract cell phone world. They offer some of the best deals on the market. Boost Mobile’s plans start from as low as $35 per month, which is not exactly cheap compared to some other budget carriers, but will still get the job done.
Boost operates on Sprint’s networks around the U.S. so you should be well covered if you have Sprint connectivity in your area. The aforementioned $35 plan comes with 1GB of data combined by unlimited voice minutes and texting. But adding an extra $20 or $10 on top of that gives you access to 9 and 4GB of additional data respectively, which is quite handy. Their best plans are:
Note: Boost offers a $5 discount per month for autopay.
- $30/month: Unlimited talk, text, and 3 GB of data with mobile hotspot.
- $45/month: Unlimited talk, text, and data with 12 Gigs Mobile Hotspot plus streaming Videos, Gaming & Music.
- $55/month: Unlimited talk, text, and data with 30 Gigs Mobile Hotspot & HD Streams up to 1080p.
- $75/month: Unlimited talk, text, and data with 50 Gigs Mobile Hotspot & HD Streams up to 1080p.
Total Wireless is another TracFone-owned carrier that offers average MVNO rates for data plans. Its cheapest data plan is $35/month for unlimited talk and text and 5GB of 4G LTE. A great add-on feature is 3GB of 4G LTE for $10, and if you don’t use that extra 3GB up by the end of your month, you can carry it over to your next billing month.
Total’s family plans share data, and you can get up to 15GB of data for 4 lines to share for $100/month. Their best plans are:
- $25/month: Unlimited talk and texts
- $35/month: Unlimited talk, texts, and 5 GB of data
- $50/month: Unlimited talk, texts, and 15 GB of data
Owned by AT&T, Cricket Wireless stands on a strong and reliable network with great coverage in most part of the country. You can bring your own device and enjoy Cricket’s plans that are often much better than the ones offered by AT&T.
Their Autopay option allows you to save $5 each month on all available plans. What’s more, every line you add increases the amount you save. Four lines of basic service can cost you as little as $100. Their best plans are:
- $25/month: unlimited talk and text
- $30/month: unlimited talk, text, and 2GB of data
- $40/month: unlimited talk, text and 5GB of data
- $55/month: unlimited talk, text, and data plus Unlimited international texts with unlimited calls, texts Mexico and Canada.
- $60/month: unlimited talk, text, and 4G LTE data plus Unlimited international texts with unlimited calls, texts Mexico and Canada.
US Mobile is a newer cell phone company that operates with GSM SIM cards. For added flexibility, customers can choose from dozens of plan combinations that can save them money. The company also offers 24/7 customer service including email and chat help, no contracts, no hidden fees, and no surcharges. Since there is no commitment, you can try US Mobile without a large financial risk. Their best plans are:
- $10/month: unlimited talk and text
- $23/month:1000 minutes, 1000 texts and 1 GB of data
- $25/month: unlimited talk, text and 5 GB of data
- $40/month: unlimited talk, text, and data
To find the best cell phone plan that’s right for you, you’ve got to first look at the bigger picture and ask which carrier offers the best combination of coverage, speed, and network reliability. Once you’ve determined which carrier you want to go with, you can begin the highly personalized process of selecting an individual plan from that carrier.