Choosing the best cell phone plan for a senior could be as complicated as choosing the right living arrangement. If you or a family member is over 50 and searching for a cell phone plan, you can find that big-name service providers just may not be suited to your needs.
Luckily for retirees and seniors, there are companies and plans catered to users with a little more life experience – and you will even obtain the assurance of 24/7 use of medical help if needed.
If you are looking for a wireless network plan with an easy-to-use phone with a medical alerts, award-winning service GreatCall has your and all your family member covered. Along with a simple cell phone plans created for seniors who like talking to data use, GreatCall also has the Jitterbug selection of cell phones created for senior cell phone users.
- Great Call provides specialized plans, cell phones and health care services
- The Link phone app allows family members to know you are well and safe
- Easy-to-use Jitterbug Smartphone’s and feature cell phones are available which includes Medical Alert button
- Coverage is supplied by Verizon nation-wide network
- The 5 Star service provides you with 24/7 use of emergency assistance and health advice
GreatCall Cell Phone Plans
Seniors Wireless offers prepaid cell phone plans , and an option of telemedicine service, to over-50s planning to stay in touch with their family, but still maintain independence.
- Seniors Wireless integrates medical services with cell phone plans
- You could bring your own compatible cell phone
- Pay-as-you-need plans are offered
- Coverage is given by Sprint’s nation-wide network
- TeleMED Assist provides you with unlimited access to health professionals and doctors at any time
Providing coverage via the Sprint network, the carrier allows users to bring their own compatible phone, or purchase a new one or refurbished Smartphone. Seniors Wireless clients can select from either several pay-as-you-need plans or unlimited text and talk plans, all of which include ranging data amounts.
Unlimited plans begin at $30 a month recharge, which includes 500MB of web data and unlimited voice talk and text. A 90-day recharge with 1.5GB is $88, and 180 days with 3GB of web data plan is $169 – under one dollar every day.
Seniors Wireless Phone Plans
The Jitterbug is the best choice when it comes to a senior safety. You will not likely have the best of choices when it comes to the cell phone plans you can use, however what you will be lacking there, that you make up for when considering the safety benefits, such as Urgent care, 5star Medical Alert Service, Caregiver Tools and MedCoach.
Jitterbug offers 200 minutes of voice call for $14.99 a month, and 300 text messages for $3.00. You’ll pay $19.99 a month for 400 talk minutes, $29.99 for 800 talk minutes, and $39.99 for 1500 talk minutes –or perhaps you can subscribe to the $49.99 monthly plan which includes unlimited voice call, text and 100MB data bonus for the Jitterbug Touch.
Jitterbug Cell Phone Plans
Consumer Cellular provides cell phone plans which are a little more affordable when it comes to the cost per minute, such as 250 minutes for $15 a month. Consumer Cellular also provides comparable cost savings on data plans and text plans. But, their collection of cell phones is slim compared to that of AT&T and Verizon.
Consumer Cellular Plans
Verizon Nationwide 65 Plus for Seniors
Verizon has a wireless cell phone plan especially for people over 65 years of age called The Nationwide 65 plus. The plan is a cheap cell phone plan for seniors who might not use a phone quite often, but want a phone for emergencies and stay connected to children, friends, family, grandchildren and doctors for medical checking purposes.
Voice Minutes: 200 Anytime minutes for $29.99/Month
- Pay As You Go for (20 cents/Text Message and 25 cents/Multimedia Message)
- 1000 Text Messages for $10/Month
- Unlimited Text Messages for $20/Month
- Pay As You Go (For Basic Phones Only) for $1.99/MB – Personal Email $5
- 75MB (For Basic Phones Only) for $10/Month
- 2GB for $30/Month
- 5GB for $50/Month
- 10GB for $80/Month
- 4GB (Includes Mobile Hotspot) for $50/Month
- 7GB (Includes Mobile Hotspot) for $70/Month
- 12GB (Includes Mobile Hotspot) for $100/Month
Included Plan Features:
- Access to Mobile Web 2.0
- Caller ID
- Three-Way Calling
- Long Distance
- Basic Voice Mail (Airtime minutes may be charged for accessing voicemail)
- Call Waiting
- 411 calling, fees apply
- 500 Nights and Weekends minutes
- No Domestic Roaming or Long Distance Charges
- Unlimited Mobile to Mobile
Addressing the specific needs of seniors
Obviously, certain older customers have more particular needs than simply a basic phone at a cheap price, and a couple of companies focus on those needs. Consumer Cellular provides a number of plans beginning at $10 per month (which includes no voice minutes but bills talk at 25₵ per minute), and also users who would like Internet access and text messaging can add any of 6 data plans. Consumer Cellular also has everything from ultra- affordable basic handsets to many iPhone models.
GreatCall , offers just 2 Samsung models –one Smartphone and one basic phone – and it is lowest-price voice call service is $15 for 50 minutes a month. More talk time and web data deals are available. GreatCall also contains some powerful features such as unlimited access to health care service, reminders to take medicines, and a phone app that helps family and friends keep an eye on the user. And cell phones from both Consumer Cellular and GreatCall are chosen for their usability and simplicity.
There are evidently several options, then, for customers who don’t need cutting edge cell phones and substantial nationwide coverage with all the whistles and bells.