Ultra Mobile is an MVNO that provides affordable cell phone service on the T-Mobile network. Unlike several MVNOs, Ultra is available at national retailers along with online.
There are many Ultra Mobile phone plans to select from. All of Ultra Mobile Plans includes unlimited talk and texts to over 75 countries. It also enables you to choose other countries on certain phone plans, providing you with the choice to add up to 10 phone numbers to include in the service.
Ultra Mobile Plans
Ultra Mobile plans have pretty competitive pricing if you are looking for unlimited calls to other countries. Their unlimited LTE data plan is an excellent value as well in comparison with getting straight from T-Mobile.
Ultra has a number of Monthly cell phone plans which make it easy to stay connected to friends and family domestically and overseas. It’s easy to change your Monthly phone plan if you find that you need a bigger plan or a smaller one.
One of the greatest benefits of choosing an Ultra Mobile plan is the Call Anywhere Credit. You can utilize this credit to make phone calls to lots of different countries around the world!
You’ll also get a Rollover Roaming Credit if you sign up for this plan. This credit is very useful if you are planning an international trip! The Rollover Roaming Credit doesn’t expire if you don’t use it during the first month of your cell phone plan.
- $19/month: Unlimited talk, global text, and 1 GB of 4G LTE data plus unlimited international calling to 80+ countries and mobile hotspot access.
- $23/month: Unlimited talk, global text, and 2 GB of 4G LTE data plus unlimited international calling to 80+ countries and mobile hotspot access.
- $29/month: Unlimited talk, global text, and 5 GB of 4G LTE data plus unlimited international calling to 80+ countries and mobile hotspot access.
Ultra Mobile Family Plans
You can find just one Ultra Mobile family phone plan, which is similar to the individual Flex phone plan. The Ultra Mobile Flex Family phone plan allows up to five lines on the one account, and each additional line added, the cost per line goes down. Every line gets 250MB of web data per month—if you have 4 lines, that will be 1GB of shareable web data. The family plan offers unlimited domestic talk and texts, along with unlimited international talk to the 15 countries.
With this particular family phone plan, one account can pay the bill every month, or every line can pay for their own service line. No line is locked into a contract so that you can bow away from the family plan without disrupting users who are still on it. The Ultra Mobile Flex Family Plan is well-priced, but, the quantity of data it offers is pretty small. 1GB of shared data among 4 individuals will not last long, especially when you like to scroll in social media, regularly update your SnapChat, or stream digital content.
- Line 4 = $12.5/line — 4 Lines for $50/month: Unlimited nationwide talk, global text and 1GB of shared data as well as unlimited international talk to 15 countries.
- Line 3 = $15/line — 3 Lines for $45/month: Unlimited nationwide talk, global text, and 750MB of shared data as well as unlimited international talk to 15 countries.
- Line 2 = $17.5/line — 2 Lines for $35/month: Unlimited nationwide talk, global text, and 500MB of shared data as well as unlimited international talk to 15 countries.
Ultra Mobile Coverage
It’s no secret that the very first thing someone shopping for phone service needs to look at is coverage because exactly what good is a cell phone service provider if it doesn’t have excellent coverage in your location.
Ultra is a GSM service provider that works on the T-Mobile network. With that being said, you shouldn’t count on Ultra Mobile coverage to be better than T-Mobile.
Coverage Map: The best solution to get a proper picture of Ultra Mobile coverage strength in your location is by using their coverage map.
In the suggestions, bar enter in your local zip code and the map will zoom into that area. A sign of good coverage strength is if the location (and the surrounding areas) you will be using your cell phone in is all green.
Ultra Mobile Phones
Ultra does not sell phones, so you have got 2 options:
- Bring your own phone
- Buy a new phone or a refurbished phone
Ultra offers users the option to bring their own unlocked compatible phone. To ensure that your device will work with Ultra Mobile, you will need an unlocked GSM phone that supports one or more of the following frequencies:
- 1700/2100 MHz (3G / 4G or LTE depending on location)
- 1900 MHz (2G or 3G / 4G depending on location)
- 850 MHz (2G)
Ultra Mobile plans offer big savings over the T-Mobile network. Best of all, you will save big money if you make lots of calls to other countries and want an excellent rate on those phone calls. It’s also a great deal if you are searching for unlimited data.