If all you need is a prepaid cell phone plan with a cheap monthly bill as well as some good data, in that case, Boost Mobile plans could work for you. You will even get a few great extras, such as unlimited music streaming.
Boost Mobile is an MVNO cell phone service powered by the Sprint network. By MVNO, I mean they are reselling sprint service, but at a cheaper price. Boost is a prepaid phone service. Which means you are paying the month in advance. Once you join boost for the first time than making your payment, you are covering the bill for that month. The following payment, you are paying for that month. You are prepaying for the service. When you don’t pay, you don’t get the service.
Boost Mobile Plans
Boost Mobile revamped its plan offerings, keeping its compelling prices and adding an intriguing way to add on to your data allotment without increasing your bill. The carrier charges $35 a month for 3GB of data, though you can knock that price down to $30 by enrolling in autopay. More importantly, if you make on-time payments for three months, Boost gives you another 500MB of data. You can increase the size of your plan by as much as 3GB, Boost offers unlimited data for $50 a month.
Each Boost Mobile family plan makes it easier for couples and their children to stay within a budget, and still get the services they desire.
Note: Boost offers a $5 discount per month for autopay.
- $35/mo: Unlimited talk, text, and 3 GB of data with mobile hotspot access.
- $40/mo: Unlimited talk, text, and 4 GB of data with mobile hotspot access.
- $45/mo: Unlimited talk, text, and 5 GB of data with mobile hotspot access.
Boost Mobile offers 3 types of unlimited plans:
- $50/month: Unlimited talk, text, and data with 12 Gigs Mobile Hotspot plus streaming Videos, Gaming & Music.
- $60/month: Unlimited talk, text, and data with 30 Gigs Mobile Hotspot & HD Streams up to 1080p.
- $80/month: Unlimited talk, text, and data with 50 Gigs Mobile Hotspot & HD Streams up to 1080p.
Boost Mobile Family Plans
The family plans with unlimited data, begin at $80 a month for two lines. Users can also add extra lines to any of their active family plans at $30/line a month. Regarding a family plan, the customers will be able to add up to 5 lines at $170/month.
The family plan allows the members to enjoy unlimited talk, text and 4G data usage. The consumers enrolling in AutoReboost will save $5 on their monthly costs.
- Line 1 = $50 — $45/month with AutoPay
- Line 2 = $30 — 2 Lines for $80/month
- Line 3 = $30 — 3 Lines for $110/month
- Line 4 = $30 — 4 Lines for $140/month
- Line 5 = $30 — 5 Lines for $170/month
Boost Unlimited Plus:
- Line 1 = $60 — $55/month with AutoPay
- Line 2 = $30 — 2 Lines for $100/month
- Line 3 = $30 — 3 Lines for $140/month
- Line 4 = $30 — 4 Lines for $180/month
- Line 5 = $30 — 5 Lines for $220/month
- Line 1 = $80 — $75/month with AutoPay
- Line 2 = $30 — 2 Lines for $140/month
- Line 3 = $30 — 3 Lines for $200/month
- Line 4 = $30 — 4 Lines for $260/month
- Line 5 = $30 — 5 Lines for $320/month
3 Gigs 4G LTE:
- Line 1 = $35 — $30/month with AutoPay
- Line 2 = $30 — 2 Lines for $60/month
- Line 3 = $30 — 3 Lines for $90/month
- Line 4 = $30 — 4 Lines for $120/month
- Line 5 = $30 — 5 Lines for $150/month
Boost Special add-ons
In addition to its monthly phone plans, Boost Mobile provides add-ons for worldwide calling. Beginning at $5 a month, plans for talk and text to Canada and Mexico could be added to any plan, and also per-minute bundles for other countries begin at $3.
Boost Mobile offers a number of extras for all users. Unlimited Music Streaming provides the capability to stream music for free without it using your data balance. This is offered through services such as Spotify, iHeartRatio, Pandora, Slacker, Napster, and 8Tracks. BoostTV provides 24/7 access to the premium live and also on-demand video content, as well as packages, begin at $10 a month. Extra LTE data are available at $5 per 1GB.
Boost’s unlimited plan streams video at 480p by default. A $20 add-on provides unlimited HD video streaming. The $50 unlimited plan contains unlimited talk and text to and from Mexico, plus up to 8GB of web data roaming in Mexico (this is a limited time offer).
Boost Mobile Coverage
Finding out whether or not you could get a good service using this provider is as simple as checking the Sprint coverage map.
Sprint has a background of coming in 4th among the large four carriers in the united states when it comes to 4G signal access. It’s important to consider, however, the coverage difference between every network is extremely small – just a few couples of percentage points. Except if you live in a very rural area you are likely to obtain a strong coverage signal with Boost.
Boost Mobile Phone Selection
Boost Mobile offers a wide selection of affordable Android phones alongside the usual iPhones, Phone choices tend to be limited with discount cell phone carriers but Boost Mobile defies that expectation to some extent and you can choose from around three dozen models overall.
Phones are available to be purchased outright at Boost’s website. You’ll need that kind of selection from Boost Mobile because the carrier lets you bring only select Sprint phones to use on its network.
If you are looking for a good deal on prepaid, with great value-added features (and reportedly excellent customer service), Boost is a choice really worth considering.
Boost Mobile is the best option for both families and individuals. As long as the Sprint network is available in a given area, then Boost is an excellent option. The carrier has gone from an average MVNO to one of the best prepaid services on the market.
It’s hard to argue with the improvements the service provider makes and continues to make. In a couple of years, Boost Mobile might be among the top cell phone companies on the entire industry for prepaid cell phone plans.