The Best Cell Phone Plans For AARP Members
Consumer Cellular AARP DiscountConsumer Cellular offers AARP members a 30% discount on eligible accessories and a 5% discount on monthly service charges.
According to customers, Consumer Cellular is one of the cheapest cell phone plans for senior that actually work. It has great reception and coverage since it runs the AT&T network. Its plans include call forwarding, caller ID, 3-way conference calling, call waiting and voicemail.
If you apt to use Consumer Cellular as your prepaid cell phone provider, it offers a free month trial and very easy to use cell phones. And if you no longer want the service, you can cancel at anytime, no extra cost.
But still some downside. You pay a monthly fee of $20 and a one time fee of $35. customers also complain about limited styles of cell phones and slow customer support.
Other Cell Phone Services with AARP Discount
AT&T AARP DiscountAT&T offers AARP members a 15% discount on eligible accessories and a 10% discount on the monthly service charge of qualifying wireless plans.
Cricket Wireless AARP DiscountCricket Wireless offers a $20 mail-in rebate for each line of service with the purchase of a phone.
The Best Cell Phone Plans For Seniors Without AARP Members
Verizon Nationwide 65 Plus for Seniors
Verizon has a wireless cell phone plan especially for people over 65 years of age called The Nationwide 65 plus. The plan is a cheap plan for seniors who might not use a phone quite often, but want a phone for emergencies and stay connected to children, friends, family, grandchildren and doctors for medical checking purposes.
Voice Minutes: 200 Anytime minutes for $29.99/Month
- Pay As You Go for (20 cents/Text Message and 25 cents/Multimedia Message)
- 1000 Text Messages for $10/Month
- Unlimited Text Messages for $20/Month
- Pay As You Go (For Basic Phones Only) for $1.99/MB - Personal Email $5
- 75MB (For Basic Phones Only) for $10/Month
- 2GB for $30/Month
- 5GB for $50/Month
- 10GB for $80/Month
- 4GB (Includes Mobile Hotspot) for $50/Month
- 7GB (Includes Mobile Hotspot) for $70/Month
- 12GB (Includes Mobile Hotspot) for $100/Month
- Access to Mobile Web 2.0
- Caller ID
- Three-Way Calling
- Long Distance
- Basic Voice Mail (Airtime minutes may be charged for accessing voicemail)
- Call Waiting
- 411 calling, fees apply
- 500 Nights and Weekends minutes
- No Domestic Roaming or Long Distance Charges
- Unlimited Mobile to Mobile
Also Check - Verizon Cell Phone Plans
GreatCall/Jitterbug for Seniors
GreatCall does not have any age requirements for its cell phone service, but the phones are perfect for seniors who would like a simple plan that can be used for emergencies, travel and low-volume calling.
GreatCall provides 24h customer support that can provide directory assistance, make calls for you and add names to your phone list plus other services. Some features may be subject to added fees.
- 200 Minutes for $14.99/Month
- 600 Minutes for $19.99/Month
- 1500 Minutes for $29.99/Month
- 3000 Minutes for $39.99/Month
- Unlimited Minutes for $49.99/Month
- 300 Texts for $3.00/Month
- 700 Texts for $6.00/Month
- 1250 Texts for $10.00/Month
- 2500 Texts for $15.00/Month
Also Check - Senior Cell Phone Plans